Looking to move to Kearney, NE? We’ve got everything you want to know about the key factors that could make this the best place for you, including Kearney, NE real estate.
It should go without saying but if you need a great real estate agent to find your dream home… Pick Heath Smallcomb at RE/MAX Executives.
Let’s start with the basics:
Kearney, NE is located in Buffalo County . It has a population of 32,217, and we have a cool blog post below that shows the city’s ethnic diversity, as well as other important facts and figures.
Now to get to what everyone really cares about, Food, Drink, Entertainment & Schools!
Kearney is home to some real food lovers, from homegrown classics to some big chains you might not be able to live without. Kearney has it all, I will list a few in each category be sure to check out Kearney Visitors Bureau list of all restaurants if I’ve missed your favorite.
It’s Nebraska after all so let’s start with…
- The Lodge – This local favorite has be a mainstay for many Kearney families serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy live music and cocktails. The Lodge is located inside of Midtown Western Inn.
- Ruby Tuesday – Casual chain with American fare, featuring burgers, a salad bar, cocktails & a convivial vibe.
- The Cellar Bar & Grill – More Than 35 Years of Serving Central Nebraska. Freshly remodeled and great food. Don’t miss.
- Firehouse Subs – Counter-serve sandwich chain offering made-to-order hot & cold subs, plus a variety of hot sauces.
- Panera Bread – Counter-serve bakery/cafe chain serving sandwiches, salads & more, known for its bread & free WiFi.
- Runza – You’re not actually a Nebraskan without trying Runza, or so I’ve been told. It’s pretty good. Give it a try, two locations in Kearney.
- Barista’s Daily Grind – Great local coffee shop with award winning coffee.
- Starbucks – Seattle-based coffeehouse chain known for its signature roasts, light bites and WiFi availability.
- Kitt’s Kitchen and Coffee – A growing favorite offering great pastries and lunches (coming soon).
Bars & Grills
- The Chicken Coop Sports Bar & Grill – When you want great food and a nice bar experience you can’t beat the Chicken Coop.
- Cunninghams Journal – Live entertainment on Weekends and famous burgers.
- Applebee’s – A national chain that doesn’t let you down, good service and good food.
- Target – We always hear this from people when they think of moving to Kearney. “Oh great! You guys have a target”
- Walmart – The Supercenter is very easy to get to from anywhere in town but it is located in North Kearney
- HyVee – A regional chain known for great service and awesome deals.
Kearney has Roughly 11 elementary schools sprinkled all over town and a few just outside of town. Most of our listings have listed what school zone the house resides it. If we are missing the school zone please contact Heath and he will answer any questions you may have.
- Sunrise Middle School – (KPS) Kearney Public School located in Northeast Kearney
- Horizon Middle School – (KPS) located in Northwest Kearney
- Kearney High School – (KPS) Public high school located in Southwest Kearney
- Kearney Catholic High School – private, Roman Catholic high school in Kearney
Cost of living in Kearney, NE
The median income in Kearney, NE is $50,566 and the median home value is $153,100, which should give you a pretty good idea of its affordability. Kearney , NE is also the perfect place to break in your new shoes, due to its WalkScore ® of 39.6778.
MEDIAN POPULATION IN KEARNEY, NE
|Age 18 Over||78.5%|
|Age 21 Over||69.8%|
|Age 62 Over||15.1%|
|Age 65 Over||11.9%|
ECONOMICS IN KEARNEY, NE
|Median Household Income||$50,566|
|Median Home Price||$153,100|
|Median Property Rent||$732|
RACE IN KEARNEY, NE
We hope we’ve given you some good information about Kearney and look forward to welcoming you to our awesome community.
For anyone reading this already living in Kearney please share your thought on the town and community. Our numbers and listings can only do so much. You really do have the final say, if Kearney is a good place to raise a family and call home.